Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Color Red


This is going to be a hodgepodge of vinyl business because for some reason, this morning, I cannot contain my ADD and I am a bit rusty with my writing skills since I haven't written in my blog for some time. I guess I am on diary mode which will help me to remember the topics I would like to cover as a whole. In the future, in the night, in the dark.
Dear diary,
Agenda one on right hemisphere. There is a published book on all things vinyl, saw a brief synopsis in Rolling Stone. Can't remember the title or author and too lazy to get up and look for it. Pleasant. Agenda two. I wanted to write a post about color vinyl. I purchased Squeeze's self titled album, surrounded by a hot pink mess and a cool red record. Many records were released in color, possibly for promotional purposes and collectors' items. I have one other colored record that is white, a Black Crowes single, but I have never seen red. There was a site that showed how color gets put into vinyl. I believe they inject some kind of seeping dye into the plastic. Lots of new releases have "promotional" eye candy vinyl. YouTube is full of record collectors showcasing their hues in new and old.
Onto more serious matters. I was introduced by a friend to a Face Book page and retail company called Bad Kitty Music. They are an online LP and CD store. What has me hooked are their ingenious posts featuring perverse descriptions of the greatest album covers- you've never heard of- of all time. They go where no publicist has gone before. You can order from them through their various websites, located on Bad Kitty Music Face Book page. They are also located at 18460 US Highway 67, Good Hope, IL at a booth in the Yesterday's Treasures Antiques Mall. Last but not least, today I kissed Gary Numan on his "Replicas" album. Good night diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment