Monday, April 11, 2011

Medium Rare


I've been thinking a lot lately about some of the rarities in my collection, if I even have any, and what gems I am hoping to add to what's questionable.
Patto. Say it with me, Patto. Why on mother's earth had I not come across this amazing band. I will tell you why in a nutshell. I am not a music aficionado. Will not pretend to be, hence my "learn as I go" disclaimer. One of the records I am looking for is Patto's self titled album. I've got to give credit to my brother for introducing me to this band. I am not sure what type of music one would classify them as. "Wikipedia" classifies them as "progressive Jazz-rock," which consisted of Mike Patto on vocals; Ollie Halsall on guitar; Clive Griffiths on bass; and John Halsey, drums. The year- 1970, England.
I did ask Old School Records, located in Forest Park, if they've ever come across their self titled release. They haven't seen it but have had "Monkey's Bum," "Hold Your Fire," and "Ducks In Flight."
Now, when the heck do I have time to go digging for dinosaur bones? I don't right now, I will this summer. It has been a while since I've gone album picking. I am wondering if the $1.99 bins are still available and if Patto will hear me coming through the door. Lift your record spirit up from the lost and show yourself.
Old School Records is located at 7446 W. Madison St., Forest Park, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment