Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake



Twenty years ago today, we lost Steve Marriott. I am sorry I did not get a chance to witness his amazing presence. I am keeping my eyes open for "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake." If anyone sees this on vinyl somewhere-please let me know!

Note: This excerpt was an advertisement, marketing idea/parody- taken from "The Lord's Prayer" -during the release of the album. 1968.

from Wikipedia

Small Faces
Which were in the studios
Hallowed by thy name
Thy music come
Thy songs be sung
On this album as they came from your heads
We give you this day our daily bread
Give us thy album in a round cover as we give thee 37/9d.,
Lead us into the record stores.
And deliver us Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake
For nice is the music
The sleeve and the story
For ever and ever, Immediate

No comments:

Post a Comment